We’re constantly glued to our mobile phones around the world.
I love that I can have my phone (fully charged) and be entertained or work or research easily from almost anywhere.
So why haven’t we optimised contracts for our mobiles yet?
Surely there is a happy medium between the two extremes.
If we were to redesign a contract for today’s world, what would it look like?
- Clickable icons near headings
- Automatic, independent built in language translation option
- A video summary as an introduction
- Smart definitions which make the clause relay run for you with clever pop ups
- Digital signatures, cheap and easy to apply, for all individuals (this is not a fantasy, see Latvia’s attitude to electronic signatures here)
- Option to do calculations for different situations based on figures in contract
- Clever search function with spellcheck and suggestions
- The ability to video chat in real time with an independent legal advisor if you have questions (similar to Nurse-On-Call)
- A map to find the different parts of the contract
- Plain language
- Auto-formatting for mobiles and different screen sizes
- Security features to prevent unauthorised reading, copying or printing
- Mission Impossible style self-destruct feature for time sensitive offers and documents
- Visualisation of complex concepts in tables, timelines, flowcharts and decision trees
- Animated examples of real world applications of clauses (such as breach, delivery or commission payments)