Can you delegate that?
In this episode of the Checklist Legal Podcast…
• Why minion is not a dirty word
• We look at the different types of minions available to you
• Examples of some basic Robot Minions to try
• Tactics for approaching minions
• What to do if you have no minions
• It’s great to delegate
• Minions come in all shapes, sizes, and seniority levels
• Look out for Minion Minions, Robot Minions, Contract Owner Minions and Other Party Minions
• When you have no minions and you’re in the Contractual Pit of Despair, make it fun with temptation bundling and track your metrics to get more efficient.
Make a minion list. Start looking arund your workplace for potential minions for different tasks..
Tweet me your lists @checklistlegal, I’d love to hear what you find.
Here are links to sources from this episode of the Checklist Legal Podcast and background information:
- Send an email to [email protected] and you’ll see an example of an automated email responder.
- Learn about sneaky, hidden, pre-filled email code: https://checklistlegal.com/2018/03/sneaky-hidden-prefilled-email-html-code-for-absolute-beginners/
Automated Letter Builders
- A letter to employer asking them to confirm entitlements: https://checklistlegal.com/2018/02/automated-letter-builder-check-your-pay-with-employer/
- A letter to request a formal warning instead of an infringement: https://checklistlegal.com/2017/07/letter_automation_how_to_get_out_of_an_infringement/
Create an ‘If X, then Y’ mindset as you approach your legal work. Start testing out automated workflows and reduce your admin time.
DocuSign is easy to use and simple to get started. As your skills grow, you can increase the functionality and automate more. Use this link and get a 30 day free trial and 10% off if you purchase.
- Omaha World Herald, ‘To Solve Hard Problem, Give It to ‘Lazy Man’‘ (1 February 1947) CTPS News Service, Omaha, Nebraska. See also https://www.quoteinvestigator.com/2014/02/26/lazy-job/#note-8269-3 for differing origins of this ‘get a lazy person to do a hard job’ quote.
- M Tallarico, ‘The creative minds and confidants that make up Beyoncé’s entourage’ (27 April 2016) Hello Magazine https://www.ca.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/02016042725914/inside-beyonce-s-entourage%20/ accessed 21 May 2017.
- Henchmen from ‘Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery’ (1997). See also https://www.austinpowers.wikia.com/wiki/Steamroller_Henchman.
- Minions from ‘Despicable Me’ (2010).
- See Merriam-Webster Dictionary, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/minion and N Whitman, ‘The meaning of minion’, Quick and Dirty Tips, published on Grammar Girl, 13 March 2015 quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/the-meaning-of-minion, both accessed 27 May 2017.
- K Kelly, ‘Robots will take our jobs’, Gear (24 December 2012) https://www.wired.com/2012/12/ff-robots-will-take-our-jobs/, accessed 27 May 2017
- Music: Silent Partner, ‘Sway this way
- The eBook by Verity White, Secrets of Productive Contracts
- Head to the Checklist Legal Resources page for access to the other templates and examples mentioned in the show