Meet Verity, our Chief Contract Enthusiast
I’m Verity, a commercial lawyer turned legal innovation expert with a passion for redesigning legal documents, contracts and processes to be easy to read, easy to use and jargon-free. Oh, and I make a delightful Margarita cocktail, too.
After 10+ years in corporate law land, I saw a problem. Too many business owners and lawyers were held back by confusing contracts and clunky legal processes. So, I founded Checklist Legal to put my love for problem solving and fixing things to good use.
Now, I’m a multi-award winning lawyer and legal innovator sharing my love for clear, clever contracts with businesses and leaders across the country.
When I’m not revolutionising the legal industry, you’ll find me going all-out for a themed costume party, walking my very cute Cavalier, Brinkley, watching musicals (I once spent $500 to see Hamilton in NYC #noregrets) or relaxing with my go-to cocktail, a Margarita.
But wait, there's more!
- 10+ years of commercial legal experience under my belt / hat
- First Australian law firm to receive the WriteMark plain language certification
- First law firm to host and present a legal session at Melbourne Design Week
- Currently teaching Contract Design for Automation as an Honorary Senior Fellow at the University of Melbourne
- Named 2021 Legal Innovator of the Year at Australian Corporate Lawyer Awards
Sharing our contract wisdom with the world
Empowering business owners and legal folk to work smarter, not harder is what we do best. That’s why you’ll regularly find Verity sharing her innovative approach to contracts and legal processes with those inside and outside the industry.
As seen in:
Here’s just a taste of Verity’s recent speaking gigs:
- Legal Innovation Tech Fest (Sydney)
- Legal Innovation Tech Fest (South Africa)
- Deakin University (Melbourne)
- Victorian Society for Computers and the Law
- Melbourne Legal Hackers
- World Commerce and Contracting EMEA conference (Madrid)
- World Commerce and Contracting APAC conference
- Association of Corporate Counsel conferences multiple times in Sydney and Melb
- ALTA (Aust Legal Technology Association) Conference
- Law Institute of Victoria, Legal Entrepreneurs
This workshop benefited me by introducing me to how design can be applied to changing demographic needs.
A new approach to contracts with new ideas and inspirations for better communication results.
Great presentation and amount of information given to the participants.
Great stuff Verity! And wonderful team too.
Excellent. So wonderful and refreshing. Well done.
Rebels get results!
How to take your rebellious innovation ideas and make them have impact
Contract Design for Automation
How to re-design and digitise your contract documents and processes to create contracts clients love!
Amplify your impact with values-based contracting